Monday, December 08, 2008

Parenting Goals

So, what are your goals as a parent? My wife has always thought we needed some goals, but I'm just not that kind of person that goes around making "goal" and "objectives" (much to my detriment in other areas). I want my kids to be:


  • Solid Christians.

  • Contributing members of society.

  • Good family men.

  • Workers with integrity.

  • Know what the heck they are talking about (i.e. educated).

  • Able to fix simple things

  • Kind but tough

  • and, all-around good guys.



Apparently though, I need some kind of objective measurable goals. (This was the part I hated about getting my teaching degree during the "outcome-based education" fad.) So, what kinds of goals do you have? Do you have some goals for this next year? For a longer time span?


  • Daily prayer?

  • Daily devotions?

  • X-number of scriptures memorized?

  • Understand Latin?

  • Know how to read music?



Please leave comments, I really am interested.


Tags:
, ,

1 comment:

Annette said...

i want the same thing...i want my boy to be a man of character who loves God deeply. The rest of your list is good too.